Monday, 9 March 2015

LOVE IS MEDICINE


We do not have the locus of control over our lives at birth.  There are two dispositions into which we are born.  One is sin and the other is love. We focus on the sinful nature of the two and often disregard or forget the compensatory nature which is love. Compensatory? Why do I say that?

There is not one single person alive that is 2000 years old.  Christ rich in love and mercy saw that we were doomed to death and destruction and came up with a strategy to redeem us. The catalyst to remedy our sinful impediment is found in the love of Jesus Christ who is not only the perfect Son of God but also the perfect Son of Man.

I only understood this fact that His love was a full compensation for our sins when I started my journey with Him.  In my pursuit of love for God He started to reveal His heart to me and I will share that with you on our journey together. 

What is a compensation and why do we need one? Don't we have to first be eligible? The  standard definition for compensation is to give someone something to reduce or balance the bad effect of loss or suffering. My question is, why would I compensate someone for a loss or suffering or even a demise of a loved one that I had no involvement in? 

The answer is "Love". You mean to tell me Lord that you loved me so much that you died for me so I could live? You paid the ultimate price with your life just to compensate me for a crime that you did not commit towards me? (John 3:16).  You were innocent, had no sin,  knew no sin, the embodiment of God yet you cared so much for me. To me, that is absolutely AMAZING!!

Let me introduce myself a little bit, my story will all unravel later on our journey. My name is Andrea Harriott and I was brought up in a loving family. My father is a pastor and ever since I knew him he has been a man of God. A preacher, yes I am a preacher's daughter who taught us to love and respect others. 

This was suppose to be a pleasant and privileged disposition but only if you embraced it as such.

I could not wait to get away from sound doctrine. Well, I did not appreciate it for what it was then . I thought my parents were too religious because at the time I misunderstood a personal relationship with God for religion. Call it a God mind block, I went to the prayer meetings and church services because I had no choice. They would wake us up early in the morning to pray and to read the bible.  I would just sit there and think between reading scriptures and saying a prayer of three lines or so, I cant wait to grow up and get away from all this,  but you dared not show your disapproval that had to be carefully masked. They were loving parents but they were also disciplinarians. Especially my mom loved her little belt. My dad on the other hand just had to give you a look.

Follow me on this journey. We are going to talk about love in its essence. The Manufacturer of love and  how He intended it to be.  My own pursuit of love.  Its going to get bumpy at times but we will see God's love revealed.



Andrea Harriott
Blogger











 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment