Wednesday, 25 March 2015

LOVE IS MEDICINE (PART 3) HE LOVES ME TOO

I started my journey away from home, away from God and decided to do life my way.  I was in my early 20s and was dating a nice guy, we got engaged 6 months into our relationship and things were going well until a tragedy tornado-ed.

He was a business man and we decided I should have a business as well.  It was successful and things were going well  between us until I made a grave mistake.  I employed someone who he did not  approve of he said 'I don't trust him' but I was naive and not really experienced in the practical side of business and did not listen. I had studied the theory and thought well, I know what I am doing but I
was not a good judge of character.  In my defence, I was only trying to help him.  He had visited me consecutively for a number of weeks begging for the job. He always mentioned his four kids and not having the means to provide for them, so despite not requiring any additional staff I decided to give him a chance.  This decision almost cost me my life.

Remember to always discuss your decisions with your partner especially if your it will directly impact their lives in one way or another. You might not like the answer you get, in life we don't always get everything we want because everything that we want is not necessarily the best thing for us.  Whenever you are at loggerheads over a decision it is better to abandon your plans of enforcement or this could have serious ramifications down the line.

The consequences were catastrophic. The very person I hired robbed me thousands of pounds and later attacked me at home and left me for dead.  The head and neck injuries I sustained were nearly fatal. The doctors said If I survived I would have severe brain damage or be paralysed. My dad replied "when she regains consciousness she will be fine because I know the God I serve".

The doctors worked hard on saving my life and a few days later I came out of the coma. The first person I saw was my dad sitting by my bedside, As groggy as I was, I believe I saw tears fall from his eyes when I said 'dad'.  The doctors said my recovery was a miracle.

I healed normally I had no pain during the attack or afterwards except for a slight discomfort in my neck while I wore the neck braces even my hair grew back to cover the head scars.  I believe God protected me throughout the most traumatic experience of my life.  I thought about the incident and wondered if my former employee were malicious towards me because I rejected him several times or was it done out of greed, maybe it was both. I don't think I will ever understand his motives for such a gruesome act. The one thing I do know is that I have never felt any hate, resentment or bitterness towards him. I believe God healed me physically and psychologically in the same breadth. God's Love is Medicine.

I thank God that I survived and now I know it was for a reason, back then I thought God spared my life because He loves my dad so much and wanted to spare him the pain of losing his first born. Now I fully grasp and comprehend how much God really loves me too. He didn't just save my life because He loves my dad, that maybe a part of it but He saved it because He also loves me and He knew that one day I would praise Him and be truly thankful. The first time I understood this it was a Godly grief of repentance. 

I grew up reciting John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son" but until you experience first hand who God really is, I mean opening your heart to go on a journey with Him, this scripture as powerful as it is will just fall on deaf ears.
 
Stay with me on this journey as I share life after this.


Andrea Harriott
Blogger









 

No comments:

Post a Comment